The families of those killed and injured in the McGurk’s Bar Massacre will be holding a a series of events to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the bombing on Saturday 3rd December (the attack occurred on Saturday 4th December 1971 though). This is a public, cross-community event so please feel free to pay us a visit at any stage during the night.
- 700 pm Commemorative Mass at St Patrick’s Church, Donegall Street
- 745 pm Solemn procession from the Church to the site of the bomb in North Queen Street
- 800 pm Gathering at the site
- 815 pm Welcome/Fáilte, Context of the bombing
Prayers by local Catholic Priest and Protestant Minister
Unveiling of our commemorative mural-relief
- 847 pm Two minutes’ silence to coincide with the time that the bomb exploded on that Saturday night
- 900 pm Exhibition of our Campaign for Truth in nearby St Kevin’s Hall
We hope to meet you there.
1 thought on “McGurk’s Bar: 40th Anniversary Commemoration”
Pingback: McGurk’s Bar: commemorazione per i 40 anni dal massacro | Les Enfants Terribles